Friday 23 September 2016

People are never satisfied with what they have

TOEFL Essay 43 with model answer:

Read the question below. You have 30 minutes to plan, write, and revise your essay. You should write at lease 300 words.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? 

People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different.


Use specific reasons to support your answer.


Model Answer:
Human nature is completely different. It is not satisfied with what it has and it demands more and more. Or seeks something different. It has been going on since after the inception of the humans. In fact, people are not satisfied with the blessings that they have. The following reasons will make the matter clearer.

A wide number of people live on this planet and they need various things to live on. But unluckily, they are not contented with the things that they have with them in this moment. They are after fulfilling the basic needs and then move to meet the luxuries. But in both the level (basic needs and luxury), they try to get the best things. Even if they get the best of the bests, they look for something far better. It has become human nature. For example, I was in need of a personal computer. Before getting the computer, I passed my days very well. But when I got the machine, some other needs arrived. I was not happy with the computer only. I started feeling the needs of a printer, large speakers, fashionable keyboards and more other accessories.

But do I really need the accessories? The answer is simple – No. For my uncontended nature, I was compelled to think about the other accessories. But when I did not have the computer, I completed my tasks from cyber cafes. The day I got the computer, I started feeling the needs which actually were needless. Moreover, when I bought a fashionable keyboard, I was attracted to another type of special mouse. But I already had bought the mouse and keyboard together. It shows that I was not satisfied with the things I had.    

The matters are similar with the majority of the people. In fact, the number of people who are satisfied with the things they have is very few. Due to the continuous demands of material things, such people do not have their peace of mind. They cannot have happiness in their life. They move after the material well-being and finally reach the last stoppage of their life. The life ends amid dissatisfaction.

Therefore, it is better to appreciate what you have instead of what you do not have. It will make life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.